Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Oils for your Brows

How do you groom your eyebrows?
Does your pair require weekly trips to the salon? Or do you do it yourself?
Either way, I'm sure all of us have experienced plucking it too thin or ended up not liking how the salon shaped them. I know, the Growing-out Phase takes too long and you're not so sure if it will grow back to its previous shape! ;( We've all experienced that - I know I did! But now, there's a cheap solution for that! I call it "The OCP Method".

The OCP Method is not my own, I learned this trick from the Brow Lounge Manila - it's an eyebrow grooming and waxing salon in Manila. I haven't tried grooming my eyebrows from them yet but I've heard great things about them and so I subscribed to their updates on Facebook. That's how I found out about this clever method. Before, I just use Petroleum Jelly on my eyebrows at night but this method is faster and better. I like the way it thickens each hair follicle too. :)

OCP is a growing-out method for your eyebrows. It's an abbreviation for Olive Oil, Castor Oil and Petroleum Jelly.

You just need 2 tablespoons of each ingredient, mix it altogether and put it on an empty container. Using your finger or a Q-tip, dab it on your eyebrows every night and you will see the effect in just a week! It's longer, thicker and stronger - shinier even!

It's very easy and affordable too! I got the Olive Oil from our kitchen, the Petroleum Jelly from my dresser and, for the Castor Oil, I just made a quick trip to the Mercury Drugstore at their Libertad branch. One bottle costs like a hundred pesos (more or less) only and it can already last you for a looooooong time. ;)

Just remember to consult your dermatologist first if you have a very sensitive skin before trying this out.

I hope it works for you too! X

This Downtown Girl

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I really want to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if it worked out for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. imma try this! hope this works on my messy brows.lol XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aisa I hope it works for you too! ;)

      Delete